We have an amazing spread of Kiwi (and Aussie) publishers with books shortlisted in the 2014 New Zealand Post Book Awards for Children and Young Adults. If you are keen to see what everybody is saying about their own books, please click on through.
- Scholastic NZ’s Facebook page about their five finalists
- Penguin Books NZ’s press release about The Boring Book
- New Holland’s press release about Anzac Day: The New Zealand Story
- Gecko Press’ Facebook page
- Random House NZ’s Twitter feed
- Huia Publisher’s release about Bugs
Allen & Unwin and HarperCollins Publishers (NZ), as well as Walker Books Australia have also got shortlisted finalists. There are two self-published titles, Watch Out, Snail! by Gay Hay and Margaret Tolland, published by Page Break Publishers and, Taka Ki Ro Wai by Keri Kaa and Martin Page, published by Martin and his wife Tania.
Please let us know on this post if you have seen any other bits of news from the publishers about their finalists. We catch most of it, but the more eyes the better.
We look forward to carrying on our coverage of the New Zealand Post Book Awards for Children and Young Adults in the coming weeks. I hope you all love children’s books!
– Sarah Forster