Scholastic has been established in New Zealand for over five decades and continues to lead in children’s publishing and literature.
This exciting role is within the Publishing department where you will be involved in maintaining and improving systems, liaising with writers, illustrators and service providers while looking for opportunities and new ways to promote these wonderful books within the New Zealand market. This role would be ideal for someone who has worked within the publishing industry previously, or who has a strong interest in children’s books and literacy.
- Manage daily administration tasks
- Liaise with writers, illustrators, suppliers and internal departments
- Assist with all stages of creating books, including checking proofs and giving input on cover designs
- Prepare author/illustrator contracts
- Organise books for international book fairs
- Develop and streamline systems for improved efficiencies
You will need:
- 2 -3 years’ experience within the publishing industry or in a marketing role
- Exposure or experience in working with InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and other design or layout software
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills and an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- An eye for detail
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- And most of all a passion and drive to succeed in a very challenging and rewarding role
This is a great chance to move into a new role, where there is full training and support from an inspirational and motivated team. This is really an opportunity that does not come around often, so if you have what it takes, don’t delay …
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to Shelley – firstname.lastname@example.org – explaining why you would be suited to this role and what you can bring to the team at Scholastic by Friday 28 February.